We can all become better leaders. This requires having a better relationship with the people you lead and knowing what inspires them to perform at their highest level. Here are some key points to look at in this area that I have seen work best over the years.
Our most important leadership role models come from these categories:
- Family 40%
- Teacher or coach (This could include pastors etc.) 26%
- Community leader 11%
- (Tie) business, political, professional athlete, entertainer
- None 7%
What Employees Want:
- People want relationships with their leader.
- People do not quit their companies, they quit their managers.
- 71% of all people who have quit a job said it was directly due to their immediate supervisor.
- An employee under an excellent leader has an 10% chance of leaving.
- An employee under a poor leader has a 41% chance of leaving.
Top Four Qualities We Admire In a Leader:
- Forward looking
The primary traits of a great leader:
- Trustworthiness plus Credibility = Expertise.
- Leadership is a relationship and credibility is the foundation of leadership.