Website Moody Radio
From Word to Life
Under the general supervision of the Executive Vice President/Chief Operations Officer, plans, directs, coordinates, and leads strategy and operations activities within Moody Radio. Provides leadership to Moody Radio through daily interaction with the Moody Radio Leadership team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Supportive of Moody’s mission and doctrinal statement, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and demonstration of character in keeping with biblical models
- Manage the Leadership Team of Moody Radio, facilitating regular group and individual meetings.
- In cooperation with Moody Radio & Moody leadership, determines and develops a long-range (multi-year) strategic plan for Moody Radio, with measureable objectives & goals, reviewed and adjusted annually.
- Leads in vision casting for Moody Radio, and monitor and encourage employee morale. Annually set short and long-term goals for Moody Radio, looking toward the future and exploring new and effective ways of disseminating “content” produced by Moody Radio.
- Focuses on expansion & growth of Moody Radio (facilities, purchasing stations, internet expansion, marketing efforts), and works with Moody Administration to integrate recommended expansion into Moody-wide ministry plans.
- Sets agreed upon goals with each direct “report” and set them free to accomplish those goals, holding them accountable, yet giving appropriate responsibility along with empowerment to accomplish the agreed upon tasks.
- Represents Moody Radio to Moody administration and serves on the President’s Council.
- Represents Moody Radio publicly, being the “voice” of leadership and encouragement to both the Moody Radio team and our listeners.
- Be available for donor relations, interacting with those who could help sustain and expand the mission of Moody Radio and Moody. Be responsible for insuring a collaborative and effective relationship of Moody Radio with the Moody stewardship team.
- Creatively explores partnerships with likeminded ministry organizations, exploring innovative ways to maximize effectiveness through joint ministry.
- Performs related and special duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting, or related field
- 15 years radio broadcasting experience, including 5 years in leadership
- Proven ability to build a cohesive, high-performing team, and develops the skills and nurtures the growth of employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with trustees and senior leadership, building strong relationships.
- Authorized to work in the US legally without sponsorship
- On-air experience in a major market
- Familiarity with fundraising strategies at an organizational level
Moody Bible Institute is a Christian-based Higher Education and Media Ministry. We exist to equip people with the Truth of God’s Word. If you are mission-minded, and have a servant’s heart, join us as we look to further impact the Kingdom of God.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position will require approximately 15% travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.moodybible.org.