Website KSBJ Radio (Hope Media Group)
HMG is a family of brands that serve to connect people to God
The Hope On Demand Talent (Radio Show Host) is responsible to execute a daily radio program on KSBJ, featured in the evening and re-broadcast overnight. The role will set a new standard for meaningful, story-driven radio and content that connects people more deeply with God. The ideal candidate should be biblically literate and able to articulate a Christian worldview & life application through media content. They should have extensive experience conducting interviews with artists & influencers and be able to edit those interviews for both radio and digital platforms. The candidate will need to be self-motivated and able to walk out the mission & vision of KSBJ and Hope On Demand. This role will also be responsible to voice-track a weekend shift and create a weekly Hope On Demand podcast that aligns with the content shared on the radio program. **Must be able to do live on-air show 7PM-10PM, M-F)**
Daily Radio Show
• Set a new standard for meaningful, story-driven radio and content that connects people more deeply with God.
• Create an on-air experience that draws listeners in and builds listenership
• Confidently share spiritual truth and faith in context that is easy to understand, and is culturally and spiritually relevant
• Biblically literate and able to articulate a Christian worldview through media content
• Generate ideas for on-air execution
• Generate weekly podcast that aligns with the radio program
• Create compelling content for on-air show that connects with our target audience
• Effectively prep for, and help schedule, artist and listener interviews and engagement opportunities
• Record and edit interviews and other radio content for on-air and digital use.
• Plan and record podcast content that aligns with the mission and vision of Hope On Demand.
• Create a unique and memorable persona on-air and on digital
• Maintain and build social media presence that builds Hope On Demand brands.
• Engage with listeners on-air, online.
• Participate in remote broadcast and promotions
• Participation in Public Appearances
• Proactively drive content during Pledge Drive / Sharathon fundraisers.
• Represent KSBJ/HOPE ON DEMAND at Donor Engagement / fundraising events as required.
• Co-Create fundraising messaging for Hope On Demand
• Collaborate with Digital Content team on video and other pieces as needed.
• Collaborate with Special Events department on concert opportunities and appearances.
• Collaborate with Promotions team and represent in the community, as needed.
• Participate in organizational project teams as required.
• Pray for coworkers in team meetings
• Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
• Pray for donors when called upon to do so
• Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
• Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
• Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
• Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
• Any other duties assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5-7 years’ experience in radio, public speaking, online content creation, and similar forms of public engagement, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly creative, an idea generator, an innovator
• Joyful attitude and sense of humor
• Strong on-air presence
• Remarkable, compelling on-air personality
• Skilled storyteller
• Established base of social media followers, preferred
• Proven ability to create and engage a tribe of fans
• PPM-market experience preferred (if background is in broadcast radio)
• Ability to use editing tools such as Adobe Audition, Pro-Tools, Adobe Premier
• Excellent show prep discipline
• Proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated, self-starter
• Effective communicator
• Ability to share your faith in a natural and engaging way
• Biblically literate and able to articulate a Christian worldview through media content.
• Is knowledgeable, conversant and demonstrates an understanding of Hope Media Group’s audience and the Christian culture at-large
• Strong grammatical usage and style
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to appropriately respond to a variety of issues that listeners may present
• Solid computer skills
• Heart for Christian ministry
• Strong moral character
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
• Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
Working Conditions and Environment
Must be available to occasionally work weekends and evenings for KSBJ events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
For consideration, you must provide Air Check/Voice Demo with at least 5 sample breaks. Please submit your voice demo to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HOD Talent-(your name)” as Subject of your email.
To apply for this job please visit www.ksbj.org.