In case you missed it, God gave me the opportunity and courage to share some really raw feelings at the Momentum 2021 Kickoff Party in June. I’ve heard from a handful of people who appreciated that moment and have told me that they are in a similar season. CMB asked me to share that moment with you in written form.
If you were to take a few seconds and think back on the past year and a half I wonder if you would be harsh or forgiving of yourself. If you’re anything like me, you are your own worst critic. A lot of wrestling can happen in quiet moments or in the middle of the night that may leave you feeling unsettled.
Here are 3 things that I’ve wrestled over with God in the past few months:
- I’m really bad at “the journey” because I’m so focused on the destination – like when I try to beat my time driving from Tennessee to Ohio for the holidays. But, the journey is where growth happens…not the destination.
- An unexpected change of seasons in my work life revealed how complacent I had become…and worst of all…how unaware I was of my own complacency. I can sum up this journey in one sentence: 2021 has been the “Deconstruction of” and “rebuilding of” Todd Stach. It has been painful…but so beneficial…and oh so beautiful. I’m still a work in progress.
- My time with God was EMBARRASSINGLY sporadic at best, but now I have a Bible App streak of 148 days (now it’s over 200 days) and have learned to really trust God and ONLY follow Him through the doors He opens. If my family were here they’d tell you how different of a person I am….I’ve not arrived…I’m still on that journey.
So, here are 3 questions for you to answer:
- Are you the best version of yourself?
- Are you dreaming too small because YOU are the one in control?
- If you see yourself in anything that I described about myself, what are your next steps?
Here’s something that really made a difference in my life. From the Bible App Devotional, “True Spirituality: Becoming a Romans 12 Christian” by Chip Ingram.
“Romans 12 begins with a call to surrender—a radical call to live not for yourself but for God alone. And to be honest, it’s a huge hurdle in your relationship with Him. You see, God wants total control of your life. His will toward you is good. And to prove it, He already gave you the extravagant gift of His Son, Jesus.”
If you’re on the same journey as I am, or you’re further ahead, or maybe you JUST realized that you need to make some changes, I hope that God meets you at your need and that you have a wonderful week full of growth.
I’ll leave you with this. Please don’t let the work of God AROUND you kill the work of God WITHIN you.
Todd is the Owner of a Consulting & Coaching service at beyond615.com. He helps build confidence where people feel unsure. He also serves as the Christian Format Editor at AllAccess.com.