With everything going on in our country, this week, we know show prep may be difficult. Our DJ Forum Moderator, Lisa Barry, posted this earlier today and we thought it was full of great resources and ideas to help you continue to encourage your listeners through the radio this week. If you haven’t joined the forums, it’s a great way to connect with others in the industry who do what you do. It’s also a great place to share ideas. Here’s Lisa’s letter…
Hi DJ Forum peeps,
It’s a tough day to come up with the right content. The news is too lethal but you don’t want to sound like your head is in the sand either. Here are a few ideas that are not new but they might fill in the blanks where you don’t know what to say:
- Find the highlighted verses in your Bible and find a way to share a few today with a real-life context to sandwich them in.
- Laura Chase shared on the Christian Radio Show Prep page about how kids define love. It’s very sweet.
- Find quotes from your most esteemed authors on Twitter. Beth Moore, Christine Caine, Max Lucado, Rick Warren etc. They were very present last night and will be again today.
- Find uplifting stories from your audio archives.
- Look for the positive stories today…they will be buried under the rubble of the news.
- Ask listeners what verse is bringing them hope today.
- Tell them how you’re feeling and processing everything (not to make it about you but so they will say “me too”)
- Encourage listeners to do the drive through difference and pay for the person behind them. Share some of those calls from the past. They transcend current events.
Now, what would you add to this list?
Lisa Barry Media – On-Air Host & CMB Forum Moderator