We have always been in a world full of digital tools, but now we, along with our listeners are suddenly thrust into a world where we have to lean fully into the digital tools for communication & relationship. We have no events or get-togethers. As we approach this new world, for however long we have it, we have to adapt to the changes quickly. The word of the hour is PIVOT. Are you doing everything you can to meet your listeners where they are on social media? Let’s find out!
- You absolutely have to be in the moment.Long gone are days of scheduling a week in advance. You need to be ready to pivot in a moment. What are your listeners feeling today? What are they doing today?
- Pay attention to people’s state of mind.In the span of one day people will go from being able to handle humor to being in a place where they can only handle hope. Pay attention. What is the tone on social media?Are you talking to them about how they are feeling right now, or are you behind?
- Our biggest competition is too much information. People need information but they are over-consuming it. How can we give them peace without giving them one more thing that overwhelms them?We don’t want to ask them to do one more thing, we simply want to show up with hope.
- People need hope now more than ever.What a glorious time to be in the business of hope.
- The schedule still wins the day.Don’t over-post. Every post has to be your best work. The Facebook algorithm still stands and you want to maximize it to increase reach.
Our jobs in the Christian radio world are more important than ever. What a tremendous opportunity we have to show up where our listeners are and infuse them with hope to make it through the day. It’s exciting isn’t it?
Social Media & Content, CRISTA Media