Afternoon Drive Host/Production Asst.
Website WKJA Radio
Heartfelt Radio – 91.9FM WKJA
Afternoon Drive Host/ Production Assistant
Heartfelt Radio is making Jesus Christ known—through broadcast and multimedia—to the Northeast Ohio community and beyond. Our purpose is to be a resource that informs the public while edifying, encouraging, and equipping believers through biblical teaching and uplifting music that glorifies God.
AFTERNOON ON-AIR DRIVE HOST – 3pm – 6pm
· Create an on-air experience that draws people in and builds listenership.
· Takes the listener from one programming element to the next capability using an engaging, friendly delivery.
· Capable of sharing spiritual nuggets of truth, faith, and encouragement to edify listeners without being longwinded or preaching.
· Keeps the focus on the Lord and WKJA. Does not promote self or personal interests.
· Creates compelling content that connects with the audience
· Conducts live or pre-recorded interviews that with qualified guest, artists, pastors, and our ministry programmers. WKJA does not put listeners on the air.
· Follows WKJA procedures for on-air contests
· Writes, records, and produces Saturday weather forecasts on Fridays.
· Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
· Assist the Production Manager with tasks assigned by the General Manager and/or Production Manager.
· Help create and produce station and programming promos in coordination with the General Manager and/or Production Manager.
· Help launch a short-feature devotional program series using local pastors and ministry leaders with format and content guidelines set forth by the General Manager.
· Help launch a local, weekend public affairs program.
· Experience with broadcast automation software (iMediaTouch a plus) and Control Room functions.
· Capable of voice tracking (iMediaTouch a plus) and audio production work (Adobe Audition or Audacity pluses)
· Interviewing skills and experience
· Remote broadcasting experience a plus
· Committed to prayer in dependence upon God for His direction.
· Competent in presenting the Gospel and leading people to Christ.
· Conducts oneself as a growing Christian, maintaining the highest possible standards of ethical and legal business practices, and as outlined at https://chministries.org/how-it-works/who-its-for/ and in CHM Guideline B.
· Conform to the rules and regulations of the ministry as outlined in the CHM employee handbook.
· Expected to occasionally work extended hours and at weekend events.
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift 30 pounds
No phone calls please. Send resume, testimony, and demo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com