Website The Family Radio Network
The Family Radio Network, Inc. (The Family) is looking for a new programming coach! Is coaching and mentoring your passion? Do you listen to other radio stations and think of things they can improve on? Are you emotionally intelligent and believe that God has called you to be a program director? Are you detail oriented and yet visionary where you can see the plays you’ll encourage your team to perform next? The Family may be your new home team! The Family is a network of 5 radio stations with 11 signals throughout the state of Wisconsin with a reach of over 1.5M listeners. The Family is positioned to grow its programming and on-air talent; we are just waiting for you, Coach! For more information on the opportunity and the team go to.
The Family Radio Network, Inc. operates a network of 5 radio stations with a total of 11 signals throughout Wisconsin and beyond. The Family and is seeking a full-time Chief Programming Officer & Drive-Time Host. The position is responsible for programming content, overall sound and image of the station which aligns with The Family’s vision & mission statements.
• Expected to be an effective Leader of the programming department.
• Responsible for programming content, overall sound, and image of station.
• Assist in hiring, training, coaching, and cultivating on-air hosts.
• Coaches on air-talent frequently
• Supervise Assistant Program Director/Music Director, Network Production Director, and all on-air positions.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other employees as a problem solver.
• Responsible for increasing listenership, listener engagement and tracking listenership statistics and ratings for the network.
• Oversee music selection. Work with Assistant Program Director/Music Director in managing music research.
• Communicate with listeners and staff in relation to programming concerns, issues and/or ideas.
• Review daily automation logs.
• Produce and edit production spots, as needed.
• Work with Social Media department on social media posts for drive time shows.
• Research with Assistant Program Director other digital streams.
• Work with Community Engagement Manager to help develop radio promotions.
• Schedule on-air talent for employees time off.
• Fill in for on-air positions, as needed.
• Be an effective communicator who presents, develops, and delivers a live drive-time show that relates to our target audience in accordance with The Family’s statement of faith.
• Learn and understand “The Family” demographics and generate creative content for our target audience.
• Good storyteller who engages the listener and shares personal experiences that relates to our audience.
• Prepare and outline daily show content.
• Respond to listeners through Social Media platforms and text application
• Proficient in Social Media platforms.
• Represents the station on-air and at events in a professional manner (nights and weekends required) This includes:
o Participation in station remote broadcasts.
o Organize on-air promotions and/or attend promotional meetings.
o Representation at charity events, community events etc.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and knowledgeable of scriptures.
• Emotionally Intelligent
• Ability to interact with others, maintain and grow listener and co-worker relationships.
• Strong verbal and writing skills, interpersonal people skills.
• Experience in presenting and delivering a live drive-time show.
• Experience in voice tracking any day part.
• Proficient in running a broadcast board.
• A self-motivated, outgoing person with the ability to work with little supervision.
• Experience using editing software such as Adobe Audition.
• Experience with Axia, Music Master and Wide Orbit, preferred.
• Experience creating on-air logs, preferred.
• Experience writing copy, a plus.
• Proficient computer knowledge using Microsoft office suite.
• Strong understanding of radio fundamentals.
• Dedication to serve with excellence.
Experience and Education:
• 3 year minimum as on-air talent, programming, and production experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.thefamily.net.