Hope Media Group/WayFM
Christian Radio Ministry
The Operations Director serves as the key member of Local Operations and reports directly to the General Manager for their region. This position is responsible for all operations to keep the 5 Colorado and Wichita signals on the air. The OD is responsible for the on-air sound of the station including, but not limited to; ensures that the EAS and FCC requirements are being met, imaging, music, and spot scheduling & production, as well as network programming coordination. Additionally, this position may include personal appearances, concert and local event duties, attendance at industry events, web and IT duties and execution of fund drives. Reports to General Manager and network program director.
75% Daily Operations
· Responsible for keeping signals on the air and responding to off-air alarms
· Responsible for Natural Log for each of the 5 signals (CO/KS)
· Monitors all signals for quality and accuracy of content
· Maintains communication with the Reg. Engineer on all RF issues
· Works with ASM for smooth office operations
· Works with Promotions Director for smooth event operations
15% FCC Compliance
· Maintains FCC compliance for all signals
· Keeps FCC public file updated
· Keeps EAS logs to include quarterly I&P reports
· Runs reports for Network PD as needed.
5% Demonstrated Faith
· Pray for coworkers in team meetings or with donors/listeners as needed
· Participate in Support Drives as needed
· Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
· Attend weekly Hope Huddle and team meetings for prayer and devotions
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization
5% Any other duties assigned
BA Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years on-air experience
- Previous programming/operations experience
- Previous I/T experience
- Previous Management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of computer networks
- Problem-solving ability in high-stress situations
- Fundraising experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency with studio equipment & audio production software like Adobe Audition or Cool Edit
Proficiency with broadcasting automation equipment and software like Media Touch and Zetta.
Proficiency with traffic software like Natural Log
Heart for Christian ministry
Strong moral character
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.