Morning Show Co-Host/Podcast Host
Website Family Life Communications Inc.
About Family Life Radio: Family Life Radio Network is located in Beautiful Tucson, Arizona. We’re a network of 35 Christian radio signals reaching more than 17 million people in our broadcast areas. Our listener-supported ministry celebrated its 56th year of ministry in 2022. Our Visoin is To see individuals, families, churches and nations of the world transformed – as evidenced by individuals living an intentional life in Christ.
About You – Can you share your life on the air in a real vulnerable way and help people have fun all while providing a message of hope every day? You will join an already successful Network, that is continuing to climb to new heights.
You will be surrounded by a team who will help and support you (talent coaching) and share in your successes. You will work hard, BUT you will have FUN! There is a great vibe in this place.
Position Summary: The Morning Show Co-host encourages and connects interactively with the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s ministry by affirming faith, providing hope and encouraging growth in Christ through on air and digital. Develops and presents an engaging morning drive program; makes personal appearances in order to promote the program and the ministry.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: DOE Experience – Competitive
Relocation : Yes
- Develops and presents a daily, listener-focused, Christ-centered morning drive program effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates the ability to share on the air from a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrates a capability of running the board and interacting with the technical environment, including show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Hosts a weekly podcast on specific topics with the over-all goal of helping people live an intentional life in Christ.
- Makes personal appearances; serves as a liaison between the residents of the station’s community of license and Family Life Communications, builds personal relationships with the listener on the air utilizing regular feedback from listeners
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes early mornings and weekend work)
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) to five (5) years on-air experience as a show host
- Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition and Voxpro
- Basic experience working with the web and social media platforms
- General knowledge & experience using automation systems ( like Zetta)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative, “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word & Excel
- Strong production and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use
- Voted Best Christian Workplace in – 2021 & 2022
We value our staff and offer exceptional benefits!
How to apply: Please visit our website for a full job description!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org