Website Family Life Communications, Inc.
About Family Life Radio: Family Life Radio Network is located in Beautiful Tucson, Arizona. We’re a network of 35 Christian radio signals reaching more than 17 million people in our broadcast areas. Our listener-supported ministry celebrated its 56th year of ministry in 2022. Our Visoin is To see individuals, families, churches and nations of the world transformed – as evidenced by individuals living an intentional life in Christ.
As a Field Engineer You will be surrounded by a team who will help and support you and share in your successes.
Position Summary: As a regional Field Engineer you are responsible for the installation and maintenance of the ministry’s transmission equipment at all AM and FM station locations within the assigned region, in compliance with applicable FCC regulations and good engineering practice.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: DOE Experience
- Transmitter maintenance & upkeep
- Install, maintain, and repair broadcast equipment (e.g., audio processors) used in preparing and transmitting FLC’s programming to the highest possible level of quality.
- Install and maintain microwave, AoIP and satellite equipment used in transmission.
- Regularly operate equipment that regulates the signal strength, clarity, and sound of FLC’s broadcasts
- Maintain knowledge of applicable FCC rules and regulations and ensure all equipment within area of responsibility is operating safely and legally.
- Proactively analyze and repair technical faults on equipment and systems to the module level
- Working knowledge for maintenance of non-broadcast equipment on occasion (e.g. electrical generators, air conditioning units, light fixtures, etc.) as conditions dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Travel required within assigned region; must be able to commit to scheduled travel as well as immediate needs as they arise.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing larger solid-state transmitters.
- Solid RF backgroundGood understanding of the components necessary in a broadcast air-chain
- Elementary understanding of satellite technology
- Knowledge of applicable, broadcast-related FCC rules and regulations
- Proficiency with MS Office products and other common software. (Internet browsers, etc.)
- SBE Certification highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At times the work can be highly physical. Must be able to complete the work that needs to be done that may include climbing, crawling, lifting, etc.Valid driver’s license & acceptable motor vehicle report required.
How to apply: Please visit our website or career page at: www.myflr.org or email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org