Website EMF Broadcasting, K-LOVE/Air1 Media
Serving as an Engineering Field Technician with the largest non-profit, Christian media organization in the country, is second to none! They are our HEROES; ensuring signals are clear, uninterrupted, and well maintained. If you have a passion for radio engineering and would like to start your career with us, we will train, develop, and guide you to becoming a Field Engineer working with the best Radio Engineering Team known to man.
Our Field Technician supports the Engineering Department by working RF, IP, and audio equipment used at EMF signal sites around the country. This role provides support to the Regional Field Engineers and Regional Engineering Manager (REM) by using equipment knowledge to troubleshoot problems in the field as well as perform field proofs on signals, equipment maintenance and installation, and ensuring proper operation of signals. This position provides the training needed to pursue your career as a Field Engineer I.
What you will be doing:
- Work at EMF radio sites performing assembly, installation, maintenance, and repair of broadcast equipment (such as audio processors, modulation monitors and transmitters) used in radio broadcasting, ensuring programs are broadcast to EMF’s high standard of quality.
- Install equipment in racks; wire, program, and test the equipment and completed racks.
- Perform FCC compliance tests including RF Proof of Performance, RFR, and other studies evaluating the proper operation of broadcast equipment and stations. Properly document the results of these tests and submit formal reports as required.
- Assist Field Engineers and the REM with tasks such as station maintenance and construction.
- Assist Field Engineers and REM with duties such as station log completion, annual inspections, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop and validate written technical documentation of processes and procedures, adhering to EMF documentation standards, as required and directed by REM or Senior Manager of Engineering.
- Assist Field Engineers with troubleshooting over the phone or in person.
- Partner and communicate with EMF and contract engineers to accomplish objectives and tasks.
- Contribute to network upgrade or specialized projects as assigned.
- Perform work on non-broadcast equipment (such as electrical generators, air conditioning units, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.) as conditions dictate.
- Travel to remote sites to perform installations or repairs as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Regional Engineering Manager or Senior Manager of Engineering.
Experience we are seeing:
- 3-5 years’ experience in broadcast equipment assembly, diagnosing and repairing required.
- Posses comprehensive knowledge to build, modify, and repair broadcast equipment to the discrete component level.
- Ability to use basic and advanced test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and safely use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to solder and desolder electronic components industry
- Possess comprehensive communication and technical writing skills with the ability to read and interpret documents, in English, such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers/listeners or other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to read component color codes and data sheets; read wire and circuit diagrams; read and develop logic truth tables; and add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and complex numbers.
- Proficient in MS Office products and other common software (internet browsers, etc.) with the ability to develop Excel worksheets with complex logic expressions.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task prioritized objectives through time management in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a good understanding of applicable FCC rules and regulations.
Great Benefits & Culture
This is a non-exempt position which offers a compensation of $21.50/hour plus over-time and differential. Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
To apply for this job please visit careers-kloveair1.icims.com.