Website Educational Media Foundation, K-LOVE/Air1 Media
Do you live to create? Do you hear a phrase and think. “Man, that would look great on a T-shirt?” Do you pick apart the font choice in every ad, every email, and every bumper sticker you see? Does your color vision include Pantone and hex values? Most importantly, does thought of your “creations” telling the world about your Creator give you a bigger kick than a double expresso? If so, we need you as a Senior Designer!
The Senior Designer works with the Art Director on the overall aesthetics of the brands. This position may help lead a smaller team of Designers and Junior Designers to discover innovative ways to tell stories and communicate ideas through various forms of digital media, including graphics, art and photography. The Senior Designer leads and contributes to creative planning and brainstorming, helping develop visual direction on projects. In addition, the Senior Designer works with the web content team creating design assets for web, mobile apps and email. This position also collaborates with and gives branding direction to UI/UX designer on digital projects.
Here’s some of what you will be doing:
- Provide day-to-day leadership on brand or brands as assigned by the Art Director. Taking leadership by assigning projects and manage deadlines and milestones.
- Incorporate design and brand guidelines for K-LOVE, Air 1, and other EMF brands. Create visual designs and concepts for marketing collateral, e.g., online and print content such as website posts, promos, ad banners, custom/promotional emails, and marketing and communication pieces (internal and external work).
- Produce graphic sketches, design comps, and copy layout, determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, based on layout principles and aesthetic design concepts for print production.
- Create and update graphics for websites, mobile apps, social media, and video projects.
- Utilize knowledge of target markets and our brands’ cultures to ensure projects are executed with consistent branding and messaging, creating “fresh” and relevant designs and artwork.
- Under the direction of the Art Director, provide concepts and ideas and collaborate on marketing initiatives.
- Assist in photo and video shoots.
- Help maintain and update the Digital Asset Management website (WIDEN) and team file server (BOX).
- Proactively partner with other members of the Digital Media and Marketing Teams, contributing to the creative process and providing input as appropriate.
Here’s experience we are seeking:
- A minimum of 4+ years in-house or ad agency experience.
- Ability to deliver inspired concepts under the guidance of the Art Director, quickly and intuitively, thriving under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply feedback and direction from the Art Director to produce the strongest possible output and grow design capabilities.
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles for web and print that affect typography, composition, color, use of space and hierarchy of information.
- Skilled in the current version of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, with an understanding of Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Sketch, AfterAffects, and Premier is a plus.
- Experience in designing environmental graphics is a plus.
- Strong skills in HTML and CSS, with a keen eye for future technology.
- Exhibits a love for learning and creative thinking.
- Self-disciplined, strong work ethic and background, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and efficiency, comfortable with mega-multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the ministry professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts or equivalent experience.
Great Benefits & Culture
This is an exempt position which offers a rich compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
To apply for this job please visit careers-kloveair1.icims.com.