Assistant Program Director
Website Christian Family Radio
Strengthening Faith, Family & Community
Christian Family Radio (CFR) is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to serve as assistant program director in Bowling Green, KY. This person will advance the mission and vision of CFR and assist the Program Director with station programming. This is a full-time position.
- Assist Program Director in scheduling music, develop and maintain clocks, rotations, rules, etc.
- Generate music reports
- Support Program Director and Production Manager with writing and production responsibilities
- Host a daily air show and be available to voice track weekend shifts as needed
- Meet regularly with Program Director to identify strengths and weaknesses in order to further connect with listeners
- Record and facilitate interviews with a journalistic ear
- Represent the station when attending industry and community events
- Be available for nights and weekends, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Have a heart to serve, and a commitment and passion for results
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional and kind manner
- Exceptional audio production skills and a working knowledge of studio audio equipment
- Ability to plan and execute an entertaining air show
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently, without close supervision
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Excellent Paid Time Off and Holidays
How To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and an aircheck demo of how you sound on the radio to email@example.com, subject “APD Job Application”.
About Christian Family Radio: CFR is a listener-funded media ministry made up of three stations (WCVK Bowling Green, KY; WJVK Owensboro, KY; WZVK Glasgow, KY) with studios in Bowling Green, KY. In 2021, CFR was named Kentucky Broadcasters Association “Station of The Year” and was a finalist for Christian Music Broadcasters “Small Market Station of The Year.” Airing Christian contemporary music, programs like Focus on the Family, and interviews with artists and local leaders, CFR impacts the community with life-changing media.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org