NATIONWIDE RESEARCH AT A GLANCE
We do music research each year on hundreds of songs in markets across North America . . . and, this past year we saw another surge in high test scores for CCM songs sung by women. So, in a two-part Finney’s Fast Five, we have for July the Top Five Testing CCM Songs Sung by Men. We’ll follow that in August with the Top Five Testing CCM Songs Sung by Women.
- Mercy Me – I Can Only Imagine – 2001
- Cory Asbury – Reckless Love – 2018
- Phil Wickham – This Is Amazing Grace – 2013
- Jeremy Camp – Dead Man Walking – 2019
- for KING & COUNTRY – God Only Knows – 2018
and the next five…
- Chris Tomlin – Whom Shall I Fear – 2012
- Aaron Shust – My Savior My God – 2005
- Johnathan & Melissa Helser – Raise A Hallelujah – 2019*
- Micah Tyler – Even Then – 2018
- Crowder – Red Letters – 2018
To quote a friend onI Can Only Imagine, “that song’s so old, it can vote!” We recommend you double-check that you’re still giving spins to these titles, including the 15-year-old Aaron Shust title that has never stopped testing great. But, the most marked things about this latest research is that six of the ten titles have been released since 2018 and there are no repeat artists in the Top 10.
*Since this is a duet, we felt it deserved inclusion on both lists.
Chuck Finney’s had radio playing in his head since he was just a boy. Over the course of his career, he’s worked in programming, radio research, and audience connection. Chuck’s passion for words and communication is widely recognized and he’s won several industry awards.
If you ask Chuck how he’s doing, he’ll either say “Blessed, thank you,” or “I really get to do this for a living?!” He’s the President of Finney Media, a speaker and author who loves telling stories and helping you do the same. Chuck is married and has two adult daughters. He lives with his wife, Lynda, in the Dallas area. For more information, read about Chuck at finneymedia.com.