2022 CMB Station Of The Year Awards
Christian Music Broadcasters presents the 2022 CMB Station Of The Year Awards on Friday, June 3 during Momentum 2022. These awards are the most distinguished awards given out to Christian music radio.
All Christian music radio stations are invited to participate in the Station Of The Year Awards as a way to celebrate the Kingdom impact your station is making in your community. The awards are open to any station who plays Christian music for a majority of the broadcast day and voted on by a panel of radio professionals primarily outside of the Christian music industry.
The CMB Station Of The Year Awards are presented to stations who show outstanding achievement in on-air presentation, community service/kingdom impact and digital media.
IMPORTANT NEW DATES:
Eligibility period is January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021
Submission period begins January 17, 2022
Submissions must be completed by February 18, 2022
Finalists announced March 31, 2021
- Previous year’s winners of the Christian Music Broadcasters Radio Station Of The Year Award are not eligible to enter in the same, or smaller, category the following year.
- At least one staff member of the station must be a member of Christian Music Broadcasters.
- Stations that are part of a network can enter individually IF they have their own locally originated programming, on-air presence and local community events. While the station may make use of network programming and on-air presence as part of their overall offering, ONLY content that originates from and applies to the local station may be submitted with an award entry.
- When you submit your station for Station of the year, everything included in your submission MUST be locally originated and executed, including the air check. For Major, Large, Medium and Small Market entries, Network, Syndicated or out-of-market voice-track shifts should NOT be included on the air check. Out of market voices are permitted on imaging and production.
- The eligibility period is January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. Your submission (audio, community service, ratings, etc.) must have taken place during this time frame.
One award is given in each of four market categories – Major, Large, Medium and Small.
Major: Markets 1-25
Large: Markets 26-75
Medium: Markets 76-125
Small: Markets 126+
Each station must submit an entry for the location of your primary signal (city of license), regardless of how many translators/repeaters you are on. If you have multiple city of licenses, your Station of the Year entry should demonstrate local impact from a single market of their choosing.
The following must be a part of each entry:
Audio Elements (40 points possible)
1. 10 minute scoped aircheck from any locally-originating daypart(s)
2. 5 minutes of production / promotion / public service
What comes out of the speakers is critical to your mission and vision.
Community Involvement / Kingdom Impact (40 points possible)
In 1,000 words or less – Looking over the past year, how has your station effectively impacted the Kingdom? How engaged has your station been with your community? How are you innovatively reaching your listeners? What metrics do you use to show your impact? We want you to highlight original/locally oriented events, promotions and/or news coverage that display exceptional service to your community, kingdom impact and responsiveness to the needs and problems facing your market and defined core audience. Also, your station may submit examples of how you are helping to make other Christian music stations better, such as mentorship programs. Show us how you’ve been successful this year in making an impact on your community and the Kingdom.
Digital Media (20 points possible)
In 1,000 words or less – How are you communicating off air? What have you done through the various platforms to move your ministry forward and increase your listenership? How are you incorporating video elements into your brand? Give us examples of how you utilize other media across your digital platforms – including (but not limited to) website, social media, email and podcasts. Analytics can be included in this section.
*Due to the high demand of stations requesting the use of pictures and videos in their entries, we will allow you to include a single link on your website that contains up to 5 photos and 2 videos to support your submission, but it will not replace your submission. Video submissions must not exceed 2 minutes cumulatively.
All entries become property of Christian Music Broadcasters. CMB reserves the right to recategorize station submissions. For more information regarding the 2022 Christian Music Broadcasters Radio Station Of The Year Awards, contact us at email@example.com.