Mentoring is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional development. In 2021, Christian Music Broadcasters successfully launched our newest initiative as a way to serve the radio community. We believe in the power of mentoring as a way to invest in a leader’s personal growth and development. We are proud to announce the opening of the second class of CMB Mentoring.
In partnership with industry veteran Alan Mason, CMB Mentoring has created and refined a radio leadership curriculum that best suits radio’s needs. This is not something that can be learned in school, but rather from the experience of others. It’s not about learning how to work with Selector, how to read a financial report, or coaching talent. It’s all about leadership – your relationship with the people who report to you as well as those who you report to. Because of this, the CMB Mentoring program will only be available to leaders at the director level (program director, promotion director, etc) and above, including those in executive leadership.
HOW DOES CMB MENTORING WORK?
Alan Mason will lead this seven-month intensive program, starting in June with Momentum 2022. Here are the topics that will be covered:
- June – Self Awareness
- July – Mindset
- August – Leading Individuals
- September – Leading Teams
- October – Doing What’s Difficult
- November – Leading Change
- December – Necessary Endings
Mentees will be individually paired with a mentor, such as one of the CMB Board members or another recognizable experienced industry leader who is passionate about investing in others. Mentors and mentees will first have a chance to connect at Momentum 2022. Subsequent mentoring sessions will take place monthly. Not only will the mentees have one-on-one time with their mentor, each month they will receive a workbook with the mentoring curriculum and a virtual group call with Alan Mason.
ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS FOR MENTEE
- CMB Member
- Mentee must be a director level or higher; includes those in executive leadership
- Dedicated to meet once a month for seven months with mentor for closer examination of leadership
- Committed to spend time in the curriculum
- Willing to expand scope of leadership and eager to grow
INVESTMENT FROM MENTEE
- Monthly one-on-one mentoring session for seven months
- One group mentoring session each month with Alan Mason
- Time devoted to curriculum
- Monthly investment of $150
After the seven-month period, we will assess the progress and determine the next stage in the mentoring process.
Fill out the form to be assessed and if chosen, matched with a mentor. If you have questions, please let us know.