NATIONWIDE RESEARCH AT A GLANCE
Finney Media does music testing across the US – representative sample surveys that give stations detailed data on hundreds of songs. We’ve pulled together the results from a number of projects performed in 2017 to bring you the Top 5 testing songs from each of the past five years. Enjoy!
A few observations:
- The rankings are pulled from recent song scores. This is the latest information on these songs.
- Passion for Christian music continues to be enormous! Positive perceptions of the biggest songs is outstanding.
- Worship music continues to be huge. There is no slowdown in the excitement among listeners for vertical titles, including songs that maybe you should take another look at.
- Songs by female artists are performing well. 35% of the top titles from 2013-2016 are sung by women. And it’s not just Lauren Daigle. Far different from what we saw earlier in the decade.
- No, they are not tired of Good Good Father. Both versions continue to perform very well. High familiarity, high passion, low burn. WE may be tired of it, but your listener definitely isn’t!
Coming in November’s Finney’s Fast Five: The Top Five Testing Artists In CCM Radio
Chuck Finney is the President of Finney Media and has over 30 years experience helping radio stations grow audience and deepen relationships with listeners. He led Salem’s KLTY Dallas to record audience levels and served as National Program Director for Salem’s Fish CCM stations. While with KLTY, the station won multiple awards, including NRB Music Station Of The Year, the CMB Major Market Station Of The Year and the NAB Religious Station Of The Year.
Chuck served as Chairman of Christian Music Broadcasters and currently serves on the Radio Committee of NRB.
Since 2009, he has consulted Christian Music and Teaching radio stations and ministries internationally, helping them reach more people while being Gospel-focused.
He and his wife of 25 years, Lynda, live in the DFW area and have two daughters.