The CMB Station of the Year Awards are open to any station who plays Christian music for a majority of their broadcast day, and voted on by a panel of radio professionals primarily OUTSIDE of the Christian music industry. The CMB Station of the Year Awards are presented to stations which show outstanding achievement in on-air presentation, community service, ratings, new media and industry leadership.
- Previous year’s winners of the Christian Music Broadcasters Radio Station Of The Year Award are not eligible to enter in the same, or smaller, category the following year.
- At least one staff member of the station must be a member of Christian Music Broadcasters.
- Stations that are part of a network can enter individually IF they have their own locally originated programming, on-air presence and local community events. While the station may make use of network programming and on-air presence as part of their overall offering, ONLY content that originates from and applies to the local station may be submitted with an award entry.
- When you submit your station for Station of the Year, everything included in your submission MUST be locally originated and executed.
One award is given in each of four market categories – Major, Large, Medium and Small.
Major: Markets 1-25 (including Networks*)
Large: Markets 26-75
Medium: Markets 76-125
Small: Markets 126+
*A Network is defined as any station that simulcasts their programming, on other signals, in more than 5 Arbitron rated markets.
Submissions must range from May 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017.
Deadlines for entries: June 2
Finalists announced: July 10
Winners announced September 6, 2017
Join us as CMB will present all awards on Wednesday, September 6th at the CMB Awards Dinner as a part of Momentum 2017 being held at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando™.
The following must be a part of each entry:
Audio Elements (30 points possible)
1. 15 minute scoped aircheck* from any locally-originating daypart(s)
2. 5 minutes of production / promotion / public service
*A scoped air check is a recording intended to showcase a station’s on air talent.
Community Involvement (25 points possible)
IN 700 WORDS OR LESS – The station should highlight original/locally oriented events, promotions or news coverage that display exceptional public service, ministry impact and responsiveness to the needs and problems facing their market and defined core audience. 700 WORDS OR LESS.
Ratings (20 points possible)
IN 200 WORDS OR LESS – The station should show exceptional ratings, or exceptional growth in ratings, within their market or the Christian music genre. Stations may submit any ratings information to which they have LEGAL access. Legal access includes any ratings information purchased by the station (it is up to the station to understand and follow the usage rules of whatever ratings service they may subscribe to), and any ratings information that has entered the public domain (i.e. printed in a trade magazine or in a local newspaper). All ratings information must be sourced. 200 WORDS OR LESS.
New Media (15 points possible)
IN 200 WORDS OR LESS – The station should show examples of how they utilize new media – including (but not limited to) their web-site, social media outlets, email and podcasts. Data for on-line listenership can be included in this section. 200 WORDS OR LESS.
Industry Leadership (10 points possible)
IN 150 WORDS OR LESS – The station should show how they have been a positive force in helping to improve the genre of Christian radio. Memberships and active participation in CMB, GMA, NRB, NAB, etc. are good examples of this. Also, the station may submit examples of how they are helping to make other Christian music stations better…such as mentorship programs. Any awards won by the station in the period of eligibility may be referenced. 150 WORDS OR LESS.
All entries become property of Christian Music Broadcasters. For more information regarding the 2017 Christian Music Broadcasters Radio Station Of The Year Awards, contact Mimi Renew at email@example.com.
2016 CMB STATION OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
MAJOR MARKET/NETWORK WINNER: KCMS – Seattle, WA
LARGE MARKET WINNER: SOS RADIO – Las Vegas, NV
MEDIUM MARKET WINNER: WNWC – Madison, WI